My Music


Tuesday, July 26, 2005

My personality profile....a self discovery

Ok, so as you all know I have picked up several "self help" books to understand myself better. I finally finished the personality self portrait of myself (its like 104 questions that you have to plot on a scorecard and do some insane calculations). At first I thought I would make an excel spreadsheet with the scorecard and post the questions so that I could look up the personality profile of anyone who was interested but that is proving to be more difficult then I thought. Guess I didn't retain as much of that Excel knowledge I was taught in class eh? Anyway, if anyone is interested I will post the questions for you. The book actually suggests that after you do your own you should have someone else answer the questions for you to see if how you perceive yourself is different from how others perceive you. Maybe I will do some of the friends I know the best on my own to see what I come up with. Then again, it took me forever to do mine so maybe I won't. I will post some descriptive stuff about each of the areas of my personality.

The idea is that there are thirteen distinct personality sectors that are influential in our lives in some way or another. The personality profile rates how heavily influenced you are by the various personality styles. In reading my results I would have to say that their descriptions do accurately describe me and the emotions and feelings I experience in my day to day life. I'll let you decide if you agree.

My Personality

  • Mercurial (highest influence):
  1. Romantic attachment
  2. Intensity
  3. Heart
  4. Unconstraint
  5. Activity
  6. Open mind
  • Devoted (highly influenced):
  1. Commitment
  2. Togetherness
  3. Teamwork
  4. Deferrence
  5. Harmony
  6. Consideration
  7. Self-Correction
  • Leisurely (highly influenced):
  1. Inalienable rights
  2. Enough is enough
  3. The right to resist
  4. Manana
  5. I'm okay
  • Idiosyncratic (moderately influenced):
  1. Inner life
  2. Own World
  3. Own thing
  4. Expanded reality
  5. Metaphysics
  6. Outward View
  • Sensitive (moderately influenced):
  1. Familiarity
  2. Family
  3. Concern
  4. Circumspection
  5. Polite Reserve
  • Conscientious (moderately influenced):
  1. Hard work
  2. The right thing
  3. The right way
  4. Perfectionism
  5. Love of detail
  6. Order
  7. Pragmatism
  8. Prudence
  9. Accumulation
  • Vigilant (moderately influenced):
  1. Autonomy
  2. Caution
  3. Perceptiveness
  4. Self-Defense
  5. Alertness to criticism
  6. Fidelity
  • Dramatic (moderately influenced):
  1. Feelings
  2. Color
  3. Spontaneity
  4. Attention
  5. Applause
  6. Appearance
  7. Sexual Attraction
  • Adventurous (moderately influenced):
  1. Noconformity
  2. Challenge
  3. Mutual Independence
  4. Persuasiveness
  5. Sexuality
  6. Wanderlust
  7. Free lance
  8. Open purse
  9. Wild oats
  10. True grit
  11. No regrets
  • Agressive (slightly influenced):
  1. Command
  2. Hierarchy
  3. Tight Ship
  4. Expedience
  5. Guts
  6. The rough-and-tumble
  • Self Sacrificing (slightly influenced):
  1. Generosity
  2. Service
  3. Consideration
  4. Acceptance
  5. Humility
  6. Endurance
  7. Artlessness
  • Self-Confident (slightly influenced):
  1. Self Regard
  2. The Red Carpet
  3. Self-propulsion
  4. Politics
  5. Competition
  6. Dreams
  7. Self Awareness
  8. Poise
  9. Sensitivity to criticism
  • Solitary (slightly influenced):
  1. Solitude
  2. Independence
  3. Sangfroid
  4. Sexual composure
  5. Feet on the ground



In the intrest of time I will go into each of these characteristics in future posts. Hope all is doing well. By the way, for copyright purposes all content was obtained from "The Personality Self-Portrait Why you think, work, love, and act the way you do" by John M. Oldham M.D. & Lois B. Morris

2 comments:

Cjristina said...

I'd like the questions whenever you get around to it.

Shan'Chelle said...

No problem, will type them up and e-mail them to ya. Thanks for the idea :-)