My Music


Tuesday, January 31, 2006

Let the music speak to you

This week has started out a little rough which is such a shame since last week ended so great.
This morning I got in my car and popped in an old cd by The Calling. The following song spoke volumes to me so I'm going to share with you how I was feeling. I had a conversation earlier this evening that put things into a new perspective, but I still wanted to post this song to remind me if I have weak moments in the future.

Adrienne

I've been thinking about you, my love,
And all the crazy things that you put me through
Now I'm coming round, throwing it back to you
Were you thinking of me, when you kissed him
Could you taste me when you licked his skin
And all the while I showered you with trust and promises
What I'm needing now is some sweet revenge
To get back alll that I lost then
I gave you all I had to give, but I could never reach you

Chorus:
Adrienne, I thought I knew you
Once again, you used me, used me
Adrienne, I should have left you
Long before you used me, used me up

Spent my money, drove my car
I treated you like a shining star
But in my sky all burnt out you are
And I'll have the last laugh when I see you with some other guy
'Cause I know you're gonna end up all alone
So take these words, some good advice
All you've done's gonna come back twice
You never cared how much it hurt, I really need to tell you

Chorus

What I'm needing now some sweet revenge
To get back all that I lost then.
I gave you all that I had to give, but could never reach you

Chorus

4 comments:

k o w said...

Good song.

Shan'Chelle said...

Thanks, I agree :-)

Brian said...

Wow...that's so cool that you mentioned that because I rediscovered that song last week as well and played it on my radio show. I'm really into it.

Shan'Chelle said...

Brian - What a small world. Apparently last week was "get in touch with the calling" week. I have been listening to their cd ever since. My best friend and I went to see them in San Francisco a couple of years back. It was awesome, they certainly put on a good show.