My Music


Thursday, December 22, 2005

HATE MY JOB DAY:

I have been having some of these lately. Don't get me wrong, its really not that hard of a job it is just VERY draining and I kind of feel like a traitor to my values. I spend my days (10 hour days mind you) working for the man delivering mostly bad news and going against every principle that I have for equality in healthcare. I try to tell myself that I need to know the inner workings of the system so that I know how to fix it. I was cleaning out my e-mail box and found the following e-mail. It made me smile despite the fact that I will be getting up at the buttcrack of dawn and speaking to some VERY cranky people about all the money they are going to have to pay after the holidays. Hope you enjoy it as well.

When you have an "I Hate My Job" day, try this:

On your way home from work, stop at your local pharmacy and go to the thermometer section and purchase a Rectal Thermometer made by Johnson and Johnson. Be very sure you get this brand.

When you get home, lock your doors, draw the curtains and disconnect the phone and the TV so you will not be disturbed.

Change into very comfortable clothing and sit in your favorite chair. Then, open the package and remove the thermometer. Now, carefully place it on a table or a surface so that it will not become chipped or broken.

Now the fun part begins:-

Take out the literature and read it carefully. You will notice that in
very small print there is the following statement, "Every rectal thermometer made by Johnson and Johnson is personally tested."

Now, close your eyes and repeat out loud five times, "I am so glad I do not work for quality control at Johnson and Johnson."


HAVE A NICE DAY AND REMEMBER, THERE IS ALWAYS SOMEONE ELSE WITH A JOB THAT IS WORSE THAN YOURS

No comments: